Friday, July 30, 2010

#022 Daily Sketches 28-07-2010

I was absent for a few days, visiting my mother in Granby, but I’m back now with some sketches I’ve done a few days ago. I sadly broke my two day update streak (fail), but time, resources and similar factors rendered it impossible for me to update during my time away from home. On the upside, I’m back and by tomorrow, I’m hoping I can get back in the train of updating daily.

I didn’t draw with David that night since he was away; that didn’t stop me from taking a little half hour to draw a bit. I had been doing quite a bit of research on felines, considering I don’t know how to draw them; in order to change that, I decided to sit down with some reference pictures and sketch away. You should expect frequent drawings of felines from now on; I am truly trying to get the hang of drawing large cats.


In other news, not even art related, I have acquired a large 55 gallon tank which my mother’s boyfriend found in the trash near his house; the thing’s 4 feet long and I’m wondering what I should put in it. I also bought a fire eel today, to accompany my Oscar fish; it’s pretty cool.

This concludes that, I should probably end on an artistic note, and since I’ve been giving out tips of the day these past updates, I’ll go with this one: when you don’t know how to draw something, get the feel for it by drawing from reference. Have a glorious night people.

No comments:

Post a Comment